Hiring your perfect doula can be a big investment. We offer a no-obligation initial consult to see if we are your perfect doula. We know that you have a lot of appointments, this is why we come to you! Sit back, in your PJ's, with a cup of tea, and relax.
Our Standard Doula Package includes:
- Initial, no-obligation consult.
- 2-3 Prenatal visits, each 1.5-2 hours long. Topics covered include pregnancy concerns, building your ideal birth, common interventions (risks and benefits), breastfeeding, post-partum care. Many of our clients comment that this is like private pre-natal classes just for them!
- Either printed binder, or PDF of all handouts, information, and resources.
- We are available for you by email or text the day we start out (during daytime hours) for additional help and guidance. We 'officially' go on-call for you at 37 weeks; however in emergencies, we are there for you!
- 1-2 Post-partum visits to see how everyone is getting on. We commonly address issues like breastfeeding, sleeping, self-care, and birth story.
- Continued support for 6 months after birth by text/email. Sometimes bumps come up, we are here for you! Common topics include feeding solids, breastfeeding, and sleep.
- Discounts on our other services like birth pool rental and placenta encapsulation.
Birth Pool Rental
We have London's largest fleet of professional grade Birth Pool In A Box birth pools. We love these pools because they are big enough for 2, have an inflatable floor, inflatable seat, handles in all the right places, even a cup holder! We recommend booking your tub around 30 weeks or sooner to ensure that we have a pool for your birth.
Our rental period is 4 weeks long (we do not charge for 'late' babies, only procrastinating adults). Rentals include a disposable liner, inflate pump, plumbing fittings, single use 20' hose, sump pump for draining the tub, Citywide delivery and pick-up. Longer hose is available, please inform us before delivery if you will need a longer one.
$200 ($50 non-refundable deposit due upon reservation, remainder upon delivery).
Lindsay was the first to bring this service to South-Western Ontario almost 8 years ago. Since then we have built a reputation for being the most trusted provider of this special service. All of the instruments that come in contact with your placenta are single use only, or sterilized before use and after to ensure your safety. We only process one placenta at a time, so please book early.
The placenta's hormonal make-up is completely unique to the mother. No prescription, vitamin or herbal supplement can do what one placenta pill can. How amazing is that? The theory is you are replacing the hormones you lost during the birthing process. Each woman's placenta is unique to her hormonal make-up.
Bellies2Babies offers 2 methods of placental preparation; Traditional Chinese Medicine and Raw Foods.
We offer a 30 minute consultation before preparation. During this we go over storage, how to obtain your placenta from the hospital, as well as answer any questions that you might have. Included in the fee is pick up from your place of birth as well as delivery upon completion. We strive to return your placenta to you within 36 hours of pick up.
The benefits of placenta encapsulation may include:
- Decreased Baby Blues and Postpartum Depression
- Increase and enrich breastmilk
- Increase in energy
- Decrease insomnia or sleep disorders
- Decreases postpartum "night sweats"
Fee for Basic Preparation is $200 ($100 deposit required before pick up). We do offer additional services such as artistic prints, herbal support additives, tinctures and salves. Please inquire before.
Photo is prints on canvas for a repeat placenta client.
Breastfeeding is natural, right? So this should be easy!!! This can sometimes not be the case.
Expecting your first baby? Have you had breast-reduction surgery and wish to get support beforehand? Or maybe you had a tough go at it last time and want to start fresh?
With our prenatal breastfeeding support, you will receive:
~ an initial 2 hour prenatal consultation. We will work together to get a game plan in place for success
~ a follow up visit within 24 hours of birth to ensure everything is off to a great start
~ a follow up within 1 week of birth
~ unlimited phone and email support
Breastfeeding can be tricky! Sometimes it is not as instinctual as we would like it to be, sometimes we get off to a rough start. No matter what your story, we can help.
We offer one-on-one hands-on (more off) support to help you meet your breastfeeding goals. Most appointments can be same day, in your home. Call us anytime for an appointment.
Appointment lengths are...well, as long as they take. We strive for 1 1/2 hours, but sometimes Momma and Baby need a little extra attention.
Initial Appointment (2 hours): $95
Follow Ups: $50